As an IT Software Engineer, you will drive global IT solutions in the context of Advanced Process Control Solutions (APC), being the primary contact to our users, contribute to requirements engineering, testing and rollouts, and support our global operation teams in managing incidents. You will be responsible to efficiently lead and manage global IT Projects, you will ensure that they are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget, establish risk management to minimize and mitigate project risks. Furthermore, you will act on an international stage by interacting with on-site, regional, and global teams.
In your new role you will:
- Analyze complex user stories , perform user requirements engineering and collect test cases together with different stakeholders and our global business analysts
- Accompany IT development processes , carry out testing and perform the user acceptance tests together with the business user
- Be responsible for preparing , planning and implementing the respective software rollout
- Provide operational support for our APC IT systems in our global semiconductor backend production
- Be accountable for administration , maintenance , support , troubleshooting , system health monitoring and operation of our IT solutions to meet customer SLA targets
- Support to drive and proactively evaluate and deploy new measures or solution for operational stability
- Contribute to major IT and software development projects within the global APC area
- Support the global operation team in 24/7 operation, incident solving and user support of our APC application
You are an outspoken person with good initiative and an excellent communicator. As an
enthusiastic driver of digital transformation, you continuously looking for process improvements and help to introduce new tools. You also enjoy analysis, documentation, prioritization, and communication between different stakeholders. Your interpersonal skills make you a great team player acting in a global setup, but you can also work in an autonomous way to support the team effectively. Moreover, your exceptional working ethics and ‘hands-on’ approach towards your job are your best allies in the achievement of excellence.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- A Masters/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science , Software Engineering or any IT- related discipline or equivalent
- First experience in software administration and operation , preferably in the semiconductor frontend/backend manufacturing , is desired, but not a must
- Good skills in business analyses and requirements engineering with excellent analytical and strategic thinking
- Experience in application administration and basic programming knowledge , like Java, Unix Shell Script, PL/SQL, XML and middleware technologies
- Knowledge in managing applications on Windows , UNIX and Linux platform
- Expertise in Oracle and/or SQL Server databases
- Know-how in CI/CD , DevOps and test automation technologies
- First experience in project management in classic and agile project methods
- Good German and English language skills are a must
In Warstein we like it sustainable, healthy, balanced, sportive and diverse.
Driving decarbonization and digitalization. Together.
Infineon designs, develops, manufactures, and markets a broad range of semiconductors and semiconductor-based solutions, focusing on key markets in the automotive, industrial, and consumer sectors. Its products range from standard components to special components for digital, analog, and mixed-signal applications to customer-specific solutions together with the appropriate software.
– Infineon Warstein is a futuristic workplace and driver for Research & Development –
In Warstein, we develop and manufacture power semiconductor modules for rail vehicles, automobiles, wind power turbines and photovoltaics as well as industrial drives, household devices and much, much more.
Infineon in Warstein is a leading global manufacturer of power electronic components. More than 2,000 people from over 40 nations come together here. About one third of them have a university or university-level degree in a technical or commercial field.
* The term gender in the sense of the General Equal Treatment Act (GETA) or other national legislation refers to the biological assignment to a gender group. At Infineon we are proud to embrace (gender) diversity, including female, male and diverse.