Would you like to join a pharmaceutical company, where your skills, competencies and creativity can open doors for your development and professional growth? We are looking for a talented and innovative student to join our Corporate Department global Biostatistics and Data Science. If this sparks your interest, we can offer you a unique experience in one of the pharmaceutical industry's top 20 companies.
Within the internship, you will get to know the daily work as a biostatistician and support in the specification, execution or review of analyses.
The start of the internship can be flexible throughout the year, the duration is 4 to 6 months. We ask you to indicate the desired period when applying. Upon request, it is also possible to write a thesis on various topics. We kindly ask you to submit your application at the earliest 7 months before your desired start of the internship.
Please note that your application can only be considered with a CV, a cover letter and a transcript of records from your current studies. Unfortunately, we cannot process incomplete applications.
As a student intern, you can expect a fair expense allowance (payment of the currently valid minimum wage) as well as 2.5 paid days off per full month of the internship. A full-time internship is 37.5 hours a week. During your thesis you will receive an expense allowance of €900 per month.
This position can be filled in Ingelheim or Biberach.
- Within your internship you support various statistical issues from the fields of clinical and non-clinical statistics.
- More specifically you investigate and apply new methods in the data analysis of clinical studies, as well as questions of pharmaceutical production development and control.
- You have the opportunity to execute diverse projects, such as the development of innovative statistical methods in application programs or the development and validation of standard evaluation routines.
- After an induction phase, you will take on activities in the field of conducting clinical trials, maintaining data structures and standards, as well as process maintenance as support for the clinical data managers.
- You will work on issues related to clinical data management in order to find new solutions, optimize existing processes or initiate future topics.
- Student in at least the 4th semester of Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or equivalent
- Very good knowledge of theoretical statistics and practical experience in using the statistical software R or SAS
- Students in at least the 4th semester of Life Sciences, Computer Science, software/computer engineering or equivalent
- Interest in data management in clinical trials, development and maintenance of data standards, use of various systems/tools/software (e.g. Electronic Data Capture, SQL or SAS) and optimization of processes
- Excellent analytical skills, solution-oriented working style as well as high willingness to learn, reliability and a strong team player
- Excellent command of English language in written and spoken form
Please contact our HR Direct Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-3330.