Italdesign is a service company providing design, engineering and production for the transportation industry, through to final testing and type-approval and support into starting of production and the design of complete Business models. Italdesign is based in Moncalieri, Torino, Italy and today has premises of more than 50.000 squared meters, a full-scale design and engineering campus and a cutting edge development and prototyping center. It has about 1000 employees in Italy, Germany and Spain. Italdesign offers its services to all interested parties worldwide. In 2017 Italdesign launched as additional business, a dedicated unit to design, develop and produce ultra-limited vehicles for all OEMs Worldwide: Italdesign Automobili Speciali. Research and innovation has enabled a continuous growth, along with the ability to choose competent and motivated people, united by a real and concrete passion for excellence. People are able to compete every day with the complexity and competitiveness of the market, able to work in integrated teams, to express their creativity in every field, to give the best of themselves in any conditions. In 2023 Italdesign obtained the Top Employers Certification for the eighth consecutive year.
Italdesign is looking for a positive minded, driven and self-motivated by passion for cars, flexible and hard working person, who would be part in Connected Car Development Team
- Work closely with Project Manager and adhering to all necessary requests
- Understand the E/E car architecture to accommodate requests for the connectivity of the infotainment system in the car including to other cars (V2V) and backend server infrastructure (V2I)
- Establish and maintain an overview of the customer’s entire automotive cloud ecosystem (incl. Backend technologies), in order to be able to identify and adapt protocol requirements to achieve the required Connectivity goals
- Support the development of advanced infotainment features/functions and their documentation in the requirements tool chain
- Analyze Requirements, Functional Specifications against the target HW
- Interface with customers on system architecture through workshops and design meetings
- Coordinate with other departments and suppliers steering
- Perform project scheduling, management and issue tracking
- Perform problem item investigation and resolution
- Generate technical reports and various presentation materials to communicate issues, achievements, and technical information for project evaluations and information sharing across the organization
- Plan and direct software and hardware updates to test facilities.
- Domain expertise and experience in Connectivity, covering backend (V2I) and car-to-car (V2V), ideally Celluar-V2X. (Note: the role is for applications of communications technology at the higher protocol levels, and not the low-level development of the communication channel itself, but experience in this area and a desire to move “up the chain” can be given consideration).
- Min 3 year of working experience in Automotive Fields.
- Experience in designing and integrating Backend Services.
- Knowledge of Automotive Backend Structures and Backend Communication
- Knowledge of the latest communication protocols (e.g. SOME/IP)
- Knowledge of in-vehicle communication and associated tools (e.g. CAN, Ethernet and Vector Tools).
- Knowledge of Change Management flow.
- Ability to manage complex problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Good knowledge of Unix/Linux, in particular bash/shell scripting.
- Experience in the area test execution-management.
- Knowledge of the latest IT security requirements (e.g. secure Service Orientated Archiecture)
- Experience in the area test execution-management
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Education: Electrical Engineering, Telecommunication or Computer Science Engineering Degree
- Language skills: Fluent knowledge of written and spoken German and English are required. Knowledge of Italian would be appreciated
- Workplace: Ingolstadt (DE) and availability to travel.
All genders welcome
Just for reasons of easier readability, only the grammatical male form is used in person names.
This always means people of every gender identity. We embrace diversity, actively encourage inclusion and create an environment that fosters each employee’s individuality in the interests of the company.