- A degree
- Relevant experience in people management
- Relevant experience of communicating with a wide range of stakeholders, including your peers and leadership
- Relevant experience in using data or anecdotal evidence to influence business decisions
- Advanced proficiency in verbal and written English and local language
Operations is the beating heart of Amazon. This key part of our business makes sure we fulfil and dispatch orders efficiently so that our customers get their items on time. As an Area Manager, you’ll make sure your site is running as smoothly as it should so that we can meet customer demand. You will be leading a team that helps keep our operations safe, efficient, and of a high quality and taking on a number of projects across our network to drive productivity.
Key job responsibilities
- Create, oversee, and drive a culture of safety and wellbeing
- Analyse and implement changes to keep quality and productivity at a consistently high level
- Oversee projects to streamline processes, optimise productivity and increase quality of service for customers within your area of responsibility
- Analyse shift performance against relevant business objectives, and put in place actions to improve our operational excellence
- Work collaboratively with management-level colleagues to standardise shift practices
A day in the life
You’ll work on a shift pattern at one of our sites, making sure it is as productive as it can be. Your main focus will be to own and drive a culture of safety and uphold quality and shift performance standards. You’ll also oversee process improvements within your area and drive implementation. A typical day is varied, including everything from routine team management and daily operational responsibilities to process improvement and wide-scale operational contingency tasks. You’ll also be a role model and mentor to new managers.
About the team
Customer Fulfilment, or CF, is where it all started for Amazon. CF has scaled up from a humble team of booksellers to a sophisticated global team which handles more than 1.5 million orders every day. The team is the foundation of our business and its efforts have helped us diversify across new regions and services. With the help of emerging technology, we’re always looking for ways to offer a bigger, better product range – delivered quickly and affordably.
The CF team are the first people in the chain that helps customers get products at the speed we’re known for. We’re based in Fulfilment Centres, which are at the heart of Amazon’s fast-paced Operations network. Our centres are sometimes referred to as the ‘First Mile’ because it’s where most Amazon packages start their journey. We help to manage dynamic inventory and facilitate speedy deliveries round the clock.
Lots of different people work in our Fulfilment Centres, so there are plenty of opportunities for every skillset. Some of us work with physical products, while others analyse data to help everyone across the business make smart decisions.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Preferred qualifications are not required to apply for a position at Amazon. If you have all the basic qualifications above, we’d love to hear from you.
- Experience working with Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen techniques
- Experience working in another logistics environment
- Relevant experience working with the MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) in a professional environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.