- Kultur & Werte
- Vergütung & Zusatzleistungen
Mitarbeiter bewerten Tysons 6,4% höher im Vergleich zum Gesamtdurchschnitt
Ich habe in Vollzeit bei Red Hat gearbeitet (Über 3 Jahre)
- There is a lot to learn and some of the senior consultants will do their best to take you under their wing and teach you everything they know.
- There is a lot of room to grow here professionally. If you are constantly on short stent projects you will learn a lot in a very short time, much more than other jobs
- Travel can be a plus, especially in the short term.
- Salary is below market and expect to be making what you started with until you leave. If they like you they will give you stock every 6 months but it is only to try and retain you as it vests a little every year.
- They seem to be a lot more focused on people who are good at BSing to clients than those who are excellent coders and get work done. There is a lot of favoritism toward the first half so the doers tend to get screwed over and treated like crap while the others get promoted straight up the chain.
- Work-life balance is extremely poor, especially if you are traveling. You should expect to live out of a suit case for most of the time you work here and expect to be putting in long hours all the time as Red Hat tends to take on very demanding clients.
- It is very easy to get lost in the system. I ended up on a project where the client kept extending my contract and because of that my managers seemed to forget about me. I no longer had my yearly review, salary discussions, etc. It was also impossible to get off of the project because it was bringing in too much revenue despite the fact I wasn't learning anything and was completely bored.
- Getting promoted is next to impossible unless you are a favorite
Rat an das Management
Start caring more about your technical employees. Red Hat Consulting seems to be too focused on those who can manage a client well instead of those who would make a great architect or developer. The company is very lopsided towards the first instead of having a nice balance between the two. Also, pay your employees more, especially if they are expected to be on around the clock. Overtime pay is not a valid excuse when you are making almost 50% or more in profit on some employees.
Foto posten und diese Seite in Schwung bringen. Es dauert nur einen Moment und Ihre Fotos bleiben anonym.Foto posten
Ich habe mich auf anderem Weg beworben. Der Vorgang dauerte 4 Wochen. Vorstellungsgespräch absolviert im Februar 2012 bei Red Hat (Tysons, VA (Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika)).
Intense, after a few telephone interviews I drove in to the office to interview in person. A lot of brain teasers. They prefer people with an extreme learning curve so don't worry if your not an expert. I had less than 6 months of programming experience but still got the job.
Fragen im Vorstellungsgespräch
I got 70 000 and accepted.