- Kultur & Werte
- Vergütung & Zusatzleistungen
Ich arbeite in Vollzeit bei Bol.com (Weniger als ein Jahr)
- You and your team have total ownership about applications you're working
- Once a digital transformation is happening in many teams you are part of it, so learning and opportunities come every time
- Multicultural and empathetic space
- Really cares about diversity (not just a speech)
- Office with amazing infrastructure
- Salary could be better
Rat an das Management
Nothing special. I really think they do a great job.
Ich habe mich auf anderem Weg beworben. Der Vorgang dauerte 2 Wochen. Vorstellungsgespräch absolviert im August 2020 bei Bol.com (Utrecht (Niederlande)).
I had a call with the recruiter and then an interview with another Engineering Manager and with the potential manager.
The positive parts:
- the call with the recruiter was really smooth and it felt not as an interview, but as a conversation
- the recruiter called me to give me the feedback he received from the interviewers. Unfortunately, he could not explain some of the feedback
The negative parts:
- although the interviewers said that they want to have the interview as a conversation, so I can ask my questions during the interview, the interview felt actually like an interrogation, because I got not time to ask questions taking into account that they were shooting question after question.
- I felt not empathy from the interviewers, one of them not smiling at all
- I did feel that the recruiters were arrogant and not agreeing with the answers. I felt so strange taking into account that I was sharing my experience and they were judging it as ‘too based on books’ or ‘the situation was not challenging enough’, and all these while I was being honest...
- i had the feeling that they had no interest in finding who I am as a person, but that they were trying to make me fail, by not asking direct questions. Few times I did have to ask for confirmation about they mean...
- i felt rushed, because they took just some of my questions at the end and without asking if I still have questions left, they started again with their questions.
- i did get the feedback that I lack empathy and when I asked where is this coming from, there was no explanation. I believe it is because I tried to make a small joke at the end of the interview...to make the interviewers smile a little bit...but again..this is just an assumption...
I find it strange that by such a nice company you depend so much on the mood of the interviewers. I do know other people who are interviewers at BOL and they try to make the candidates feel respected, comfortable and to lead the interview as a discussion.
At the end of this experience, I had mix feelings: on one side I would love to work for BOL because I do know it is an awesome company, but on the other side I doubt about working with such people. Once again, all the thanks to the recruiter who is one of the nicest recruiters I met...
PS: the interview was online and I faced max 3 min technical issues because of my laptop...
Fragen im Vorstellungsgespräch