Ich arbeite in Vollzeit bei DigitalOcean (mehr als ein Jahr)
- The people team seems to be legitimately caring and trying to make a difference.
- Remote culture
- Good perks and decent salary for people outside NY
-The engineering reorg was done in an awful way. Now each pillar (or better-said silo) establishes their own practices for pretty much everything. This leads to a lot of inconsistencies and mistrust. Because pillars don't currently talk, good luck trying to collaborate with other teams.
- The level of the new hires is much lower than what it used to be. Now that each pillar controls their own hiring process, the mismatch between new hires in each pillar is huge.
- Waterfall development everywhere, with no regards to any sort of technical discipline or standards. People do "sprints" and are "agile", but in reality, everything is done using Gantt-charts. And, of course like any other waterfall project, everything changes the last minute and people scramble to pull some heroics to duct-tape whatever may work.
- Hero culture where a few individuals try to overcome all the structural problems by sheer bravery. These acts are even celebrated during the recognition part of the AMAs. This aggravates the culture of self-promotion that is the only way one can grow in this company.
Rat an das Management
Be clear about what is going to be done to improve the leadership issues that are reported in every survey or the trust will erode completely.
Also, please acknowledge that there are leaders everywhere in the company. When people point out leadership issues, it may be more pervasive as it seems. Invest in training and level setting management practices and expectations for your middle managers too. We all know that most people leave managers, not companies.
Ich habe mich online beworben. Der Vorgang dauerte mehr als 4 Wochen. Vorstellungsgespräch absolviert bei DigitalOcean.
This is the longest process to date, with a lot of time and energy being invested from the interviewee's stand point(especially if you don't get the job). This is a huge problem especially if the interviewee has other offers on the table, but really wants to see the outcome of this particular job.
Applied through the website, got a call from recruiter, then had a homework assignment, then video interview if I passed, and then meeting with 5 people on site with 45 minute interviews each. A lot of redundancy in the questions, but it's good to meet the whole team you'd be a part of and working with. The recruiter stayed in touch throughout the process which was great, and very helpful.
The reason for not hiring didn't make sense, because it seemed like they didn't even want to hire for this position and I felt like I wasted my time in the end. A proper reason would be beneficial especially if the interviewee has made a greater effort and put in so much time.
Fragen im Vorstellungsgespräch
Teilen Sie uns mit, wenn Arbeitsplatz- oder Branchenauszeichnungen nicht berücksichtigt wurden –