Ich arbeite in Vollzeit bei Connected Lab (Über 3 Jahre)
- Great work-life balance (hours are now 9-5)
- Exciting and challenging projects across various technology stacks
- Engineering team is sharp, passionate, and motivated to keep delivering quality and exploring new technologies
- Work environment fosters personal and technical growth
- Weekly company wide events and socials
- Outreach to tech communities in Toronto
- Micro learns, lunch & learns, and coding katas to increase overall company knowledge in various technical areas
- Large emphasis on testing (tdd) and sustainable delivery of quality products
- I have always raised any issues or concerns I've had and they have been actioned on, so currently no cons
Rat an das Management
- Start reaching out to more universities in Ontario for sharp new graduates
Ich habe mich über eine Vermittlungsagentur beworben. Der Vorgang dauerte 2 Wochen. Vorstellungsgespräch absolviert bei Connected Lab (Toronto, ON (Kanada)).
Got contacted by a recruiter.
During the first round they invited me over to their office. It was your standard interview; I was asked about my past experience, personal projects and some white board questions.
For the second round I had an awkward meeting with the CEO at a coffee shop. The thing just turned turned bizarre after I somehow ended up at their company event. There was clearly no process in place.
Few days later I got an email from the recruiter saying that the CEO thought I was lying about something. Well...OK.
Back when I interviewed, the company wreaked of that typical startup bs:
bro culture...check, buzzwords...check, underpaying by at least $10000 below market rate check, long hours...check, infantilization of engineers...check
Fragen im Vorstellungsgespräch